Sunday, February 22, 2015

Scans: Dakota in Crazia Magazine South Africa + Interview Transcription

UHQ Scans


Transcription by Us.
[Similar interview from Yahoo]

DAKOTA JOHNSON 


While audiences decide whether 50 Shades of Grey is a hit or flop, we have an exclusive chat with the movie's female lead...

It's been a two-year wait, but 50 Shades of Grey is finally out! How do you feel?

Dakota: it's very exciting, and I feel relieved that it's finally going to be seen. I'm proud of the work I've done in this film. We've tried to make a film that has artistic integrity and is also going to appeal to fans of the book, and now they're going to see whether we've fulfilled their hopes. It's nice to see how anxious and excited people are about it.

Is the relationship between Anastasia and Christian mostly about sex or does it run deeper than that?

Dakota: I think it's an incredible love story about a powerful man and a woman who undergoes this transformation and gains a greater sense of herself. I see Ana as a strong woman who makes her choices and isn't afraid to enter into this journey she takes with Grey. She's intelligent and curious to explore this [BDSM] world, which she knows nothing about.


What was your experience working with Jamie Dornan (who plays Christian Grey)?

Dakota: He was always very supporting and protective of me. We were able to laugh a lot while we were on the set, and that made everything so much easier. He has very kind and gentle.


How did you deal with the nudity and shooting the various sex scenes?

Dakota: I didn't have a problem with the nudity. Women in general should feel less anxious and ashamed over their bodies, and I hope maybe this film helps make a statement about being comfortable and secure that way. I feel confident about my body, and even though I'm a bit nervous that millions of people are going to see me naked, I know that in a sense it's not really me they're seeing, it's a character that I'm playing, and it's not the same as if they're watching me in my home.

What was the hardest moment for you in the film?

Dakota: The most difficult moment was when I had my hands and legs tied while blindfolded. Since you have to do many takes, you're still there tied up when the director calls "cut". Those scenes left me feeling drained.

Did you feel very exposed and vulnerable doing those scenes, or did you eventually get used to it?

Dakota: You never get comfortable in those situations...When you're blindfolded and your limbs are tied, some of your senses are taken away and you don't have all of your defence mechanisms.

Would you prefer that your parents not see the film?

Dakota: At first I didn't want them to see it, but now I think it might be okay as long as they don't tell me! [Smiles]

UHQ Scans Thanks Shades_Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment