Saturday, March 21, 2015

Penn Badgley talks about Dakota with Nylon


From Nylon:
 
What about doing Shakespeare for the first time and performing with actors of varying degrees of experience, Ed Harris and Ethan Hawke, and then you have Dakota Johnson?
 Penn Badgley: The interesting thing is I barely worked with Dakota in the movie even though we are characters who are obsessed with one another. The bulk of my work was where I had a lot going on with Ethan and I’d say he was an incredibly compassionate and supportive cast mate. On the first day of shooting we had those two big scenes and it was an intense first day and he in fact said it was the most difficult and intense first day on any project he ever had.

Dakota got cast in 50 Shades while you were shooting. How did that impact things?

Penn:
It reminded me of Gossip Girl. It was like one day nothing, the next day everything. It’s pretty funny the way that happened. I remember the day she got it the next day there were scores of paparazzi out there. I imagine she’s learned to deal with it by now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment